CLASSES 7 DAYS A WEEK
100% SUPPORT + 0% INTIMIDATION
YVR’s PT TEAM
Fat/Weight Loss • Physique • Bodybuilding
AM-PM classes • 7 days a wk
• lost 9% body fat
• shrank 6.7 inches overall
• dropped 1.5 inches at the waist
• made progress in postpartum beyond expectations!
Many people said if you did not lose your pregnancy weight within 6 months after giving birth, then you likely would never be able to lose that extra weight. I actually started to believe that because I had not lost the extra 18 pounds I gained from my twin pregnancy 3 years postpartum.
A friend of mine started her workout with Maria and liked it. So I was going to give it a try. The small group class is perfect! You do not have to pay the one-on-one personal trainer cost but you get almost the same level of attention. And there are morning and evening sessions which would fit most people’s busy schedule. The booking process is simple. You can log in their website and do your booking online. I am a working mother with 2 toddlers. Sometimes you just cannot be 100% sure about your daily schedule. Having the ability to book and reschedule your session easily is important.
I started working out with Maria late in May 2019. Within 6 months, I lost 9 lbs and my body fat dropped by 9% (I feel a lot healthier already). Even I spent a lot of time traveling in the summer and skipped some weeks, I still made this far. She listens to your need and she designs the work out routine that works the best for you.
There is always the positive, energetic vibes every time I go to workout. Maria and her team are very encouraging and help you to achieve your goal at “your own pace”. Well, maybe sometimes there is surprise! I did not expect to see a 9% drop of body fat in only 6 months.
• lost 10% body fat in first 6 weeks
• lost 1.75 inches at the waist in first 6 weeks
• loves coming to the gym
• complexion brighter
• mood and attitude more positive and happy
• stronger back and core
Awesome trainer AND atmosphere! Would recommend for sure!
3 months ago I was talking to my bestie about finding a personal trainer and we found Maria, Tribe Fitness!
I used to be a low energy, not confident, out of shape person. I have never had personal training experiences or been to a gym myself. I had no idea how to work out nor use the equipment before training with Maria.
Maria has been a great teacher. She has such POSITIVE mindset and attitude. She always encourages us whenever we feel down. She modify workout plans base on how you feel that day, she follows up with your soreness after workout, she shares her workout experiences when you unsure and etc. She definitely is the BEST PERSONAL TRAINER!!
For me, lost 10% BF after only 2 months and half training with her. And we will achieve more! Cannot wait to convert my lifestyle with HER. Happy to be family member of TRIBE!!!
• lost 8% body fat in 3.5 months
• gained confidence in her physical abilities
• waist shrank 1.5 inches
• adopted a love of fitness
• improved poor posture from sedentary office work
When you pay for personal training with Tribe, you’re not just getting personal training sessions; you’re also getting a community of like-minded people (who want to improve their health), two incredible trainers (who listen to your goals), a changed mindset, and the list goes on – ask anyone who trains with Maria and Tia and they will say the same and much more.
I never had the confidence the train at the gym by myself and I’m not athletic at all. Pair that with my busy school/work schedule, and I was pretty sedentary – so I started with Tribe to change that and now I can’t go a day without doing some form of physical activity.
Huge thank you to Maria and Tia for changing my mindset towards health and exercise, being great listeners, and leading kick-ass workouts (to the point where I dropped 8% body fat in four months)! If I wasn’t moving countries, I would gladly continue with Tribe long-term.
• lost 6 pounds and 10% BF
• lost 1.5 inches at the waist and 1.5 at the hips
• improved postural, core, and hip strength dramatically
• works out 5x a week following a custom program we designed for her
• has significantly improved work-life balance and is much happier
• currently 80-90% plant based lost 8 inches total overall
• leaner, more defined shoulders, arms, legs, and more muscular booty
• has much more energy and never felt better!
Amazing ! I cannot say enough things about Tribe Fit. Maria is one of the most compassionate, kind, helpful and positive people out there. She will help you get to your goals and works with your schedule and lifestyle which is something I really adore about her. Her classes are always different never the same, everyone in the classes are very supportive and help one another *No Drama or competition*. Linh who works with Maria is also great at what she does, they both have a different approach in their sessions which is very good so you can mix up your workout. I would recommend Tribe Fit hands down to anyone who wants to work on their fitness goals or to those who want to work out with a group (2-4 people) and to have fun for an hour.
• lost 8 pounds
• lost 5.5% BF
• reduced upper crossed syndrome
• strengthened injured right-side rotator cuff
I started training with Maria at Tribe Fit January 2019 and I noticed an immediate positive impact on my life. (not to mention losing 8 lbs and 5.5% BF while gaining strength in every exercise in only 5 months). The Tribe Fit model is a great way to train within a supportive community while working toward whatever goals you have. I highly recommend Tribe Fit for anyone who’s looking to get into shape, strengthen an old injury, and just have fun.
• lost 2 inches at the waist in a month
• improved posture
• built strength up to deadlift 3 plates for 5 reps
• can barbell back row 2 plates a side for 3 reps
Over the years, I’ve been with many trainers, some were excellent and others not so much. So finding a gym to train in whether it’s on a one on one basis or group was a challenge. When I stumbled upon Tribe Fitness online, I decided to reach out to Maria.
It was Maria’s kind demeanor and positive upbeat attitude that really helped me make my decision to pursue training. She has such a genuine soul, and really cares for her clients progress. She definitely practices what she preaches and is a very knowledgeable trainer. Maria saw right away where I was lacking in my training and what my strengths were. So, every class I have been doing exercises that are helping me build on both aspects. As for the facility, it is located in a convenient location that is easy to find. Her class sizes are small, so you get the benefit of a more personal session. Every class is different and is built in a format for a complete beginner or an individual that has been training for a long time. Whether your into strength training or conditioning, you will never be disappointed with what she has planned for the session.
I’ve been at Tribe Fitness for a little over a month now and I’ve been challenged every day. I am never bored of any session, and Maria’s accommodated my busy work schedule. I’ve already seen some great results and am very happy. I’m always a procrastinator, so I left myself a month to get ready for the handful of weddings I have coming up this year. All I’ve done so far with Maria’s help is tweak my diet slightly and hit the gym 3 times a week. I was so surprised in how quickly I saw results. Some outfits in my closet I thought I had to retire, but because of Maria they are back in rotation. All in all, I’ve been really happy with Tribe, I am glad I came across their page and decided to give it a chance. It’s been a while, since I met a trainer like Maria. I also want to give a BIG shout out to Linh, who helps Maria out with some classes. Linh is very knowledgeable and is such a great trainer. She pushes me every class and I haven’t left one of her sessions without taking atleast 10-15 minutes to recover in my car, parking it a block away before I head home ..lol it’s awesome! I am definitely excited to see all the results as I reach my ever growing goals.
• gained 4 lbs of muscle in the first 1.5 months as an ectomorph
• transformed from the inside out with newfound confidence and a positive mindset
• built a set of defined abs
• reduced upper cross / poor posture with specific corrective exercises
• reduced work-related anxiety
• can squat and deadlift 1.5x her bodyweight
• can do 3 pullups
Maria is the best trainer ever!! She is a rare gem. She works hard, and genuinely cares about her clients’ overall health, well-being and confidence. I am so glad my mom and I signed up with her. I went from feeling unconfident and self conscious at the beginning to feeling really good about myself inside and out! Her upbeat, positive and empowering vibes are what motivates us to do better every time. She always and consistently goes above and beyond to keep her clients happy. Thank you so much for your help!! 15/10 recommend!!
• lost 16 lbs in 4 months!
• dropped 2 inches at the belly button
• shoulders no longer severely slumped
• lopsided back from asymmetrical labour work slowly being corrected
• enjoys weight training
• feels more confident and comfortable with his body
Having never been to the gym, I felt quite uncomfortable going by myself and not knowing how to use any of the equipment. I started talking to Maria and decided to try out Tribe Fitness. It’s a very welcoming atmosphere with no judging and lots of positivity, I look forward to going now.
I’ve been there about 4 months now and I’ve lost 16lbs while gaining muscle and feeling much more healthy. Both Maria and Linh are great trainers, very positive and great support for everyone. As a bonus for me being a vegan, Maria is also so no pressure to try and change my diet. For non vegans she’s not preachy at all so no worries there. Joining is one of the best decisions I’ve made after neglecting myself for years. I’d recommend Tribe Fitness to anyone wanting to improve themselves.
• lost 1.8 lbs and 5.6% body fat
• dropped 1.4 inches at the belly button
• became much stronger in the back and core
• fixed shoulder slouching
• enjoys a regular exercise routine of weight training and spin classes
• eliminated chronic low back pain from pregnancy
• noticeably higher energy levels and happier mood
After working out with Maria for 3 months, I feel much healthier. My immune system has been boosted, and my mindset has been a lot more clear post workout. I’ve gained so much confidence in myself. Maria has the best personality and didn’t mind that I speak poor English. She is always willing to communicate and understand my situation. I am very fortunate to have found such an awesome trainer. She will push me to strive for better, but at the same time she is wary of the limits of my post pregnancy body. My lower back has strengthened so much that I don’t have the chronic pain that I’ve had since giving birth to my first child!!!! An added bonus! I highly recommend Maria if you’re thinking about working with a trainer. Her positivity is extremely contagious!
• lost 14 lbs and 13.8% body fat
• dropped 1 inches at the waist
• lost 3 inches off the hips
• slimmed down in the neck, face, arms, chest, and torso
• significantly stronger upper body
• improved performance at badminton
• reduced cravings and healthier eating patterns
• lost 10 lbs and 10% body fat
• dropped 4.8 inches at the waist and 1.5 inches at the belly button
• lost 1 inch off each upper arm
• lost 2 inches off the hips
• calves lost 0.5 inches
• eliminated 80-90% of her low back pain from a previous injury
• much stronger back and core
• mindset evolved from dreading the gym to looking forward to working out
• now orders healthy prepped meals from a delivery service to replace eating out at restaurants
If you are in the market for a personal trainer, in Richmond, give Maria a try.
COST 5/5 Maria offers several tiers of pricing depending on the time you commit to her. For the level of service and attention (pretty personalized training) you get, the price is well below the market price of what a typical personal trainer costs.
ENVIRONMENT 4/5 We train out of Crux Fitness in Richmond. The gym might not have as much equipment as Steve Nash, but it has all the necessary stuff you need for strength and bodybuilding, cardio, and rehabilitation equipment. The place is pretty spacious, and most importantly it is the people that work out in the gym. Everyone is friendly, and you never feel awkward or intimidated by anyone at any time. One drawback is the parking. It’s not easier accessible by transit, so it gets a little crowded in the parking lot sometimes.
TRAINING 4.75/5 The key to getting 5/5 out of your workout is really to talk to Maria and be comfortable to try new things. I started out my training with weight loss as a goal but turns out (only after talking to Maria) that what I want was to rehabilitate my back and strengthening. Weight loss does happen, but it’s more like a peripheral result of getting healthier. Maria also keeps a close eye on how your muscles are developing to help you achieve your desired body shape.
Each one of Maria’s clients is awesome. Her small class sizes make the workout very tailored to your goals and easy to get friendly with your classmates.
All in all, I’m so happy with my experience with Maria that I crave for gym days (as opposed to dragging myself to the gym).
• lost 5 lbs and 7% body fat
• waist dropped 1.5 inches
• hips dropped 1.25 inches
• strengthened her back for more erect, straighter posture
• more confident looking
• brighter complexion and slimmer face, neck, shoulders, arms, thighs
• corrected upper cross / shoulder slouching
• eliminated low back pain
• increased energy levels to take better care of her two kids and complete PhD degree
• revamped eating habits to break addiction to sugar and be satiated with smaller, healthier portions
In just SIX weeks:
• lost 9-10 lbs and 7.4% body fat
• waist dropped 2.5 inches
• hips dropped 1.75 inches
• much stronger spine and improved posture
• reduced shoulder slouching
• low back pain from car accident significantly reduced after just one week
• learned proper squat and deadlift form for safer lifting movements at work
• learned how to prepare and eat more nutritious meals with his wife and eliminated processed foods from diet
• *UPDATE: lost 26.5 lbs in 8 months!
I have struggled with my weight and fitness for as long as I can remember. I was very nervous to start working out but that all changed when I met Maria. She is extremely positive and super supportive. I have gone from being nervous to looking forward to working out. I was also in a car accident about a year and a half ago that left me with chronic lower back pain. After only a few weeks of working out with Maria my back started to feel so much better and it and is still improving. I am excited about my physical potential for the first time ever and owe it all to Maria.
In just SIX weeks:
• lost 7 lbs and 6% body fat
• posture noticeably improved
• lost 0.5 inches off each upper arm and thigh
• lost 2.75 inches off the waist
• shrank by 3.75 inches at the belly button!
• hips dropped 1 inch
• developed healthy eating patterns
• eliminated sugar cravings
• *UPDATE: lost 23 lbs in 8 months!
I was always afraid of the gym and had never tried strength training. Before meeting Maria, I was very nervous about getting a personal trainer, but one session with her and I was hooked! She is an extremely positive, enthusiastic and passionate person, who actually cares about your progress. In the 6 weeks that I have been training with Maria, I have lost almost 7 lbs and 6% body fat. I also feel stronger and more confident. She tailors my training to what I need, cheers me on, and pushes me to do things I didn’t think I could. Signing up to be a part of the tribe is one of the best decisions I have ever made! Everybody needs Maria in their life!
• waistline shrank by 1.35 inches and lost 3.75 inches at the belly button
• dropped 2.25 inches off the hips
• dropped 1-1.5 inches off each thigh
• lost 1 inch off the neck
• dropped 11 lbs
• lost 15.5% BF from 41% (“obese”) to 26%!
• dropped 1-1.2 inches off each arm
• slimmed down in the legs, hips, torso
• injured knee and hip are much stronger
• can squat, row, and deadlift while maintaining neutral spine
• fixed shoulder slouching and weak back
• now has beautifully erect, confident posture!
• UPDATE: November 2019 – now 17.3% body fat!
Four months ago I was looking for a solution to strengthen my weak knee and I had no strength training experience. I found and met Maria and decided to try the personal trainer route rather than trying to figure it out on my own. At our first meeting, I found her to be warm and caring. Training with Maria was the best decision I made! Her full body workouts are effective and different each time. My fitness has improved and knee/hip is stronger so much so that I was able to ski and keep up with my group. So far I have lost 11 lbs, 15% in body fat and I no longer have neck and back pain. I recommend Maria to help achieve your fitness and health goals.
• dropped 13% body fat
• lost 7 lbs since October
• lost 1.4 inches off each thigh
• lost 1 inch off the hips
• shed 3.4 INCHES at the belly button!
• can squat and deadlift properly
• can one-arm deadlift 71 lb kettlebell
• slimmed down in the calves, underarms, chest, torso, upper thighs
• achieved the coveted THIGH GAP
• noticeably improved posture
• UPDATE: November 2019 – lost a total of 17% body fat and 3.5 inches at the waist
It is a great experience to learn how to working out with Maria. During this year, I’ve gained so many knowledge and skills, and all she taught to me made me become a healthier person. The data of my body looks better and better with her help especially my body fat percentage went down for more than 15% ,which made great contribution to my body health! I feel very happy working out with Maria and learn from her.
• waist now only 23.5 inches!
• dropped 6% BF to within “athletic female” range: 19.35%
• can officially do bodyweight pullups
• can squat 1.3x her body weight
• can one-arm deadlift 71 lb kettlebell
• making much healthier eating and lifestyle choices
• slimmer shoulders, arms, torso
• straighter posture, fuller and firmer glutes
Signing up with Maria is one of the best decisions I made. She is an amazing and fun trainer. She really focused on helping me achieve my goals and making every session challenging and rewarding.
I’ve been training with Maria for about 5 months now and omggg I’ve seen such a drastic change in my body, weight and diet. I’ve also seen improvements in my ability to do more reps, lift progressively heavier weights and pushing myself harder throughout each and every session. I would have no hesitation in recommending her as your personal trainer if you want to achieve fitness and health goals. I know she will help you get there. Thank you maria! Your the best 🙂
• lost 11.2 lbs
• lost 2.6 inches at the waist
• lost 11% body fat
• learned proper squat technique
• corrected hypermobile knees to prevent excessive pressure at the joints
• slimmed down in the face, neck, thighs, calves
• developed healthier eating habits
When I started with Maria, I didn’t have any strength training experience. It was intimidating at first but Maria made sure that our workouts are fun and effective. In 5 months, I’ve lost 11 lbs and 11% Body Fat, 2.6 inches at the waist and 2.5 inches at the belly. Looking forward to more workouts with Tribe Fit!
• lost 1.25 inches at the waist
• lost 7% body fat
• improved posture
• improved hip mobility for greater squat depth
• spine curvature realigned to healthy neutral spine
People come up to me once in a while and ask me if I still go to the gym, and lately my response has been I see Miss Maria on Tuesday and Thursday. That is when all the 5W’s come in.
Who: Miss Maria
Where: Jacombs Road
What: She is my gym
When: She is flexible to the days you are available
Why: Because you can’t find anyone like her. She took one good look at me and said “girl your posture, stand up straight” and from there on it’s like her voice was stuck in my head. Anything I did whether it was sitting down at work, going out for a jog, watching tv that voice wouldn’t leave. That’s when I knew I have to sign up with her, and so I did. I have not regretted it since. She’s witty, fun and easy to adapt to. If you are lucky enough she might even throw a bit of her catchy lines at you or sing your sets to you so you feel motivated and push yourself to the limit. I signed up with Maria in July 2017 and in 1.5 months i lost 5.5% body fat. I now know how a proper squat is suppose to look and feel like, I can lift heavier weights and my posture has improved. The most important thing my eating has improved for the healthier.
• lost 1.2 inches at the waist
• lost 6.25% body fat
• dramatically improved posture
• waist-hip ratio down to 0.72
• built stronger back and core
• focused on building strength in hamstrings to balance out overly developed quads from Crossfit
Training with Maria was one of the best decisions I have ever made. She is one of the most experienced and committed female trainers around. Although I only train with her once a week, I have already learned so much techniques, and have gained lots of valuable fitness knowledge from her in the past 9 months. Maria is extremely focused on helping her clients to achieve their fitness goals. She makes every session worth each penny spent. Sessions are challenging yet fun, and rewarding. Her workouts would make me sweat like crazy, but also leave me feeling refreshed, energized, and strong afterward.
I would highly recommend Maria to any one who is looking for a way to change their lifestyle/fitness level for the better. She is not just an ordinary personal trainer. Maria is your personal friend, who would be there to encourage and support you, and help you push beyond your limit, even when you are doubting yourself.
• lost 2 inches at the waist
• lost 9 lbs
• got back to her pre-baby weight
• much straighter posture
• eliminated low back pain from sitting at work
• face, neck, shoulders dramatically slimmed down
• much more energy at work and for family time
I started training with Maria back in Nov 2016. My main goal was to lose the pregnancy weight and strengthen the core and back muscles.
After seeing her for 10 months, I’m finally back to my pre-pregnancy weight and have gone from seeing my physio once a week to once every three months! I’ve also seen significant improvement in my posture and also more energy to run after my little one!
Thank you Maria for pushing me to be better. Pregnancy weight can be extremely hard to lose, but Maria catered the weight training exercises to the areas that I’m weak and she’s always positive and patient with her clients. Definitely recommended!
in 6 weeks: lost 6 lbs
• dropped 10% body fat
• lost 1 inch from the waist and hips
• neck, arms, thighs, and calves slimmed down
• improved slouching, poor posture
Maria is an energetic, positive, considerate and caring trainer! She would tailor made the training for what kind of body shape you want and patiently listen to your thoughts and answer your questions thoroughly! I have lost 10% body fat, 6 lb, 1 inch of waist and hip and 1/2 inch of thighs in 1.5 month with a healthy diet and intermittent fasting! Thank you Maria for such great training and advice!! Xoxo
• lost 13.6 lbs
• corrected poor posture developed from excessive sitting at work
• lost 8.5 inches at the waist
• lost 4 inches at the hips
• gained self-confidence and higher energy levels
• arms, core, back, and thighs all slimmed down
Thank You so much Maria!!!!! I was so hesitant to get a personal trainer cuz I figured it would be too much money and not worth it but you’ve totally made it worth it. I feel so much better and people are telling me they’re noticing a difference (which means a lot). And its not just physically but mentally and emotionally. So thank you!!!!
• improved posture for wider shoulders
• dropped 10 lbs
• lost 6% body fat
• waist slimmed down 2.5 inches
• working out on his own consistently 4-5x a week
Lost 10 lb and 6% body fat four months into the training with Maria. Great personal Trainer! Thanks Maria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
• corrected shoulder slouching
• improved mood, energy levels, and higher confidence and self love
• lost 3.25% body fat
• dropped 6 lbs
• lost 1.5 inches at the waist
• neck, thighs, calves, and hips all slimmed down
I’m so glad to have made the decision to be a Triber. I’m grateful to have met you! I haven’t met a bunch of people with such positive energy for a long long time. And it’s so amazing how magic happens here with us at Tribe. That feeling is indescribable and just feels so so good!
• lost 8 lbs
• improved slouching
• lost 6.3% body fat in 1.5 months
• dropped 1.25 inches off the waist
• gained muscle mass in the arms, chest, and shoulders
• improved hip flexibility
*UPDATE: dropped 10% body fat so far!
Results speak for themselves – when I first started with Maria at Tribe Fitness Fat Loss & Strength in the spring of 2017, my health had not been a priority, with the recent passing of my mom and a few hockey injuries. When we first started, it was about getting back into shape. Since the start, I have lost 18 lbs of fat but gained 10 lbs of muscle. All from one session per week! Now the goal going forward is to equal the fat loss with muscle gain as I train for my first marathon.
I’ve been training with Maria for just over a month now. I’m already familiar with weight training but Maria gives me that extra kick in the butt that I need. I’ve already noticed improvements in my muscle endurance especially at work, as being a chiropractor can be very physically demanding. Her group sessions are lots of fun!
• lost 7% body fat in 5 weeks
• improved rounded posture
• fixed back pain
I lost 7% body fat in 5 weeks. I noticed my back and knees have gotten a lot stronger; and my strength in general has improved. Maria is awesome! Her attitude is inspiring, and her knowledge is exceptional. She is pleasant and willing to work with clients at their own levels. She instills confidence and encouragement to make you want to work further and apply yourself more diligently.
My journey has just begun; but I already feel a difference as I now have more options when I go shopping – proud to show my progress! With her help, I found the sunshine within myself again.
She has my highest endorsement for anyone interested in improving their overall physical and mental well being.
• lost 0.75 inches off the waist
• lost 1 inch around the hips
• low back stopped hurting during tennis
• shoulders noticeably straighter
• improved coordination and athletic performance at tennis
• resumed training with us after only 4 weeks’ recovery after giving birth
About five months ago, I went to Maria to ask for her help in changing up my workout routine, since I felt pretty bored with the same exercises year in and year out. While my initial motivation was to conquer boredom and learn new exercises, the benefits I got out of my experience (besides the obvious increase in muscle tone) included a compassionate listener and a surprising improvement in my posture. Despite not being my intended goal, working out with Maria strengthened my back, which eliminated the chronic back aches I would get from doing activities I enjoyed like tennis and playing the violin.
• lost 10 lbs
• lost 7% body fat
• minimized neck/back pain so that RMT visits were no longer needed
• alleviated knee pain from car accident
• lost 2.35 inches off the waist
• lost 1 inch off the hips
• lost 0.75 inches off each thigh
I started my fitness journey beginning of 2017 and decided to go to Maria. She’s an amazing source of inspiration and she’ll definitely motivate you to achieve your fitness objectives. After 2 months with Maria, my constant back pain has been reduced and my knee injury has improved from night to day. Every session is different, crazy innovative and challenging, which makes it fun and not dreadful! I absolutely recommend Maria for any fitness goals.
• lost 4% body fat
• lost 12 lbs
• improved rounded shoulders / upper crossed syndrome
• eliminated knee pain from accident with targeted strengthening
• lost 1.5 inches on the waist
• lost 2.75 inches on the hips
• built up his endurance and started a running regimen
• improved hockey performance
Training takes hard work, commitment, and heart. Maria supports you all the way through your journey and pushes you to get better, stronger, and tougher both physically and mentally!! I would and have recommended her!
• built up noticeable back definition
• corrected rounded posture
• prioritizes the gym as part of her daily routine
• healthier eating patterns
• more consistent and pleasant mood, higher energy
• feels stronger than ever
One word. Amazing! Every week is different so it is never boring. Her laughter is contagious and that’s an ab work out all on it’s own. Doesn’t matter if you’re a beginner and never worked out before or trying to bulk up. I’ve had other trainers before and no one compares to her. She has helped my fiancé fix his back problems by doing certain exercises. I’ve recommended her to a few friends and they have nothing but great things I say about her.
• lost 2.1% body fat while increasing muscle mass
• gained width in the shoulders
• dramatically improved posture
• gained 0.5 inches on each arm
I want to say thank you for believing in me when I didn’t believe in myself. I bought into the lie that I was incapable of getting stronger and healthier and became complacent. Thank you for continually supporting and encouraging me throughout my fitness journey. I am grateful to have you as a friend and trainer.
I owe a huge debt of gratitude to 2 people. Many but 2 in particular. Beside ma and pa.
Kevin Hirose of Acme fitness and Maria Lee of Tribe Fitness you two came together to help me in an unorthodox situation.
You two put up with late cancelations. Last minute requests. Health falling for over a month. A horrid job I had that enslaved me. Plus my flakiness.You two encouraged me you stayed positive you held me accountable. You never ever gave up on me when others would have. I love you for it.
Your weekly texts and conversations helped me so much more than physical fitness. You two gave me back my life.
I majorly cut out intoxicant so I could attend if able to.
Maria your daily sometimes hourly pep talks kept me alive inside on days I wanted to drink to death. You helped me realise who I want to be and who I can be.
You two never change and know how much you have meant to me. You gave me a life I haven’t had since I was 12. I am actually getting happy, not just living like I am.
Oh ya they are my personal fitness trainers.
I am not the most dedicated gym goer.
What Maria has done for my life can never be measured in pounds or inches. Her love and compassion for me and encouragement to be me gave me back a life I lost decades earlier. I went back to the gym to get in shape. I got a life And believe in myself finally.
I saw her in the gym maybe every second week. So her life coaching was immense. She went above and beyond daily to be a positive light. It radiates into me and now i wake up and don’t want to die. Thank you to her for putting up with me. If only you knew the nightmare I was.
• lost 8% body fat
• fixed slouching and improved posture
• built upper body strength
• adopted healthier eating habits for her university semester
• reduced flat back syndrome in lumbar region
Over the summer, I decided that I needed a change to improve my lifestyle. I was eating unhealthy and rarely exercised. I had never lifted weights before and decided to go find a personal trainer to show me the ropes. Maria exceeded all of my expectations of a personal trainer. She makes sure to personally tailor each session to your personal goals and makes each session challenging but rewarding. I’ve noticed significant improvements in my back posture and body strength as well as a decrease in body fat resulting in more defined muscles. In addition, my food choices have changed dramatically for the better.
What I love about Maria:
• Very reliable and always punctual
• Wonderful positive energy and motivates you dream big and to believe that you are capable of achieving your goals
• Very willing to dedicate time outside of workouts to talk with you about your eating habits such as tips on healthier food choices
• She goes above and beyond for all her clients and I would highly recommend her as a personal trainer for anyone.
• gained 1.5 inches on the hips
• gained 2.7 inches in the chest
• fixed rounded shoulders
• increased power in ice hockey
• improved hip flexibility
I’ve never had a bad workout with Maria, she pushes you and encourages you every step of the way. She’s got a wonderful blend of positivity and passion for training. There’s no pressure or anxiety when it comes to working out with her. Even when you’re struggling she’ll actually get down and go through the set of exercises with you. Very rare to see that from trainers nowadays.
• dropped 22 lbs
• lost 7.5 inches off the waist
• lost 6 inches off the hips, calves, and arms
• corrected poor posture
• strengthened low back
• alleviated back pain
• transformed physique
I started seeing Maria about a month ago with the goal to strengthen my back and core, as they are the weakest areas on my body which causing me to get work-related back pain.
Maria was able to help me gradually achieve my goals that I am not struggling with back pain at work. I am able to use my core muscles to carry on “strength-related” jobs.
I am glad to be able to train with Maria, as she is sincere and listens to my concerns but will still push you past your comfort zone. She gives her 100% to her clients.”
UPDATE: “Four months ago, I was somewhat struggling doing basic squatting with amateur form. Last night, I did not expect to be able to do 152 reps of squat barbells on the fly for fun and without pressure. My lovely trainer/friend’s positivity and encouragement gave me inner strength to unlock my fitness and personal potential. I am grateful for this amazing trainer and friend for supporting my lifestyle change goals to become physically and emotionally healthier.
• lost 2 lbs
• lost 1.5 inches off the waist
• gained 1/2 inch on the arm
• alleviated chronic low back pain
• broader chest, fuller and firmer shoulders
Initially I had doubts if seeing a personal trainer would help me achieve my goals but Maria has proven me wrong. I’m seeing gains and fat loss in just four weeks. Maria has also helped me strengthen my lower back where I’ve had chronic pains the last eight years.
Maria is very knowledgeable and has an awesome attitude.
I recommend Tribe Fitness.
• lost 1 inch off the waist
• lost over 1 inch off each thigh
• lost 0.25 inches off each upper arm
• improved vertical explosiveness
I felt my recent competition game had hit a plateau but I wasn’t content with settling and wanted to push it forward. Worse yet, I knew I wasn’t living up to my potential and often struggled with self confidence.
Maria is very goal-oriented and passionate about what she does. She had all sorts of aspirations to take my game to the next level and set out to make me realize my fullest potential. She is patient in taking into account all my goals and concerns and worked with me towards achieving my ambitions. Maria worked me as hard as she sees fit, often encouraging me to push past my comfort zone. She is one “hardass nazi” that seems to press the right buttons at the right times and is never afraid to kick my butt whenever deemed necessary. More importantly, she continuously advocates the positivity of a balanced lifestyle and through her I have learned much more than training inside the gym.
• lost 9 lbs in 8 weeks
• lost 3 inches off the waist
• lost 2 inches off the hips
• lost 1 inch off each upper arm
Meeting Maria was a life changer that am grateful for. She is your number one support system and really allows you to try new things and discover your potential. It’s far from easy but she is there every step of the way. If you need motivation and someone who is literally always in your corner with new ideas she is your girl. She makes you stronger mentally and physically.
It’s amazing how passionate she is in creating systems that are tailored to your goals. It is evident that she invests a lot of time in you, in and out of the gym and her mantras linger on your memory as reminders that you can achieve anything. Much love.
• dropped 9 lbs
• lost 2 inches off the waist
• fixed respiratory issues
• improved posture
One of the best investments I made this year was deciding to sign up with Maria for personal training. I hadn’t stepped foot in a gym for so long and she was excellent at explaining all the movements and listening to my needs. She is patient, kind and enthusiastic. The results speak for itself. I lost almost 10 pounds in 6 weeks, lost 2 inches off my waist, gained an inch on each arm and I felt I could breathe easier (stopped snoring).
Maria’s workouts were challenging but most of all VERY FUN! She was great at tracking progress and followed up with me about my diet and lifestyle. I owe Maria so much for helping me feel more confident about myself and my health. Thank you Maria! I would highly recommend her to any of my friends or family.
• dropped 0.5 inches off each thigh
• fixed low back pain
Since going to Maria for training, I have noticed significant improvements to my everyday life. By learning what my long-term goals and objectives are, Maria designed her training to cater to my needs. In the past, I was always suffering from chronic back pains. Treatments from chiropractors and physiotherapists were only able temporarily alleviate my pain. Since going to Maria’s sessions, however, I am no longer bothered by my back pains, which allows me to better focus on work and on enjoying life. I would highly recommend all my friends and family to receive training from Maria.
• down to 5% body fat from 11.1%
• achieved 32.5 inch competition-ideal waist
• gained symmetry in biceps, triceps, quads
• high level of conditioning
I’ve been weight training on my own for 16 years. Along the way, results have appeared, and plateaus come and gone. But the past few years have been quiet in terms of growth. Slowly, I had come to the conclusion that my body had reached it’s limit, and that it was not possible to advance. That’s when I decided I needed help, and when I realized that my own knowledge was not enough for me to move forward. Then I met Maria.
After discussing my goals with her, I felt she had a few tricks up her sleeve that might just help me reach them. So we teamed up, and MAN, AM I GLAD WE DID!
I have been impressed with her work and her mind since the very first minute we started training together, and every day she will show me something new. In bodybuilding, one of the most challenging and elusive things to do is gain muscle and lose fat at the same time. With Maria on my side, we’ve been able to do just that! Within a few short weeks, my weaknesses are no longer weak, and my stronger qualities are now even stronger. I can now truely say that I am far from my limit, and I have much room for advancement.
Maria has listened to and remembers all my input. She is kind, caring, and honest. She is very enthusiastic about fitness, and has an energy in her that makes our sport so much more enjoyable. These qualities not only drive me to train harder, but everyone around her. Maria has my trust and respect. Teaming up really was the right thing to do. Undoubtedly, we will be working together for a long, long time.
• dropped 1 inch off the waist
• fixed slouching
• improved posture
• slimmer thighs
Before I started training with Maria, I led a very sedentary lifestyle, which resulted in a lot of problems with my body I didn’t know I had. I had very poor posture and extremely weak leg muscles, which hindered any progress I tried to make myself in terms of fitness.
Maria helped me overcome most if not all of those obstacles within the three months I started working out with her. With her help, my back is now properly aligned, my posture is fixed, and my leg muscles are slowly loosening up, which enables me to do challenging exercises I could never do before. I also lost 1-2 inches all around my body overall.
Maria has many qualities that make her a great personal trainer, but the most important one she possesses is her caring nature. She listens very attentively to your needs and makes sure that they are all met in the best possible way.
However, she is not soft at all and will challenge you to the fullest extent during your time with her. She changed me from a couch potato to a gym bunny, and I am forever grateful! I would absolutely recommend her to everyone I know.
• trimmer waist
• fixed slouching
• toned arms
Maria takes great care of her clients. She always gives you her 110% and dedicates passion and energy into each workout. Thank you Maria for making me feel and look wedding-ready!
• dropped 100+ lbs
• lost 9 inches off the waist
• lowered blood pressure, heart rate, high cholesterol
• looks like a different man!!
Six years ago I started working a desk job. In high school I was boxing and training regularly and kept it up for a couple of years after graduating. That all changed after I became sedentary for over 8 hours a day.
I kept gaining and gaining weight. I knew the McDonalds and greasy Chinese food I was eating was a big part of the problem, but I couldn’t stop. In the spring of 2015 I went on a trip with my buddies to Asia and couldn’t walk up stairs without huffing and puffing. When I began to get chest pains, I knew I was in trouble. I went to the doctor and he said I needed to make big changes to my lifestyle to prevent an early death. At this point I was close to 300 lbs. I was scared for my life.
That spurred me into action. I contacted Maria 4 months ago and she put me on the fast track towards better health. I started working out 6 times a week. I swapped greasy food, refined carbs and sugars for lots of greens and lean meat. Within a month I had dropped 35 lbs. Now I’ve lost over 100 lbs and over 7 inches off my waist. I’ve gone down 2 shirt sizes and feel incredibly fit. If I hadn’t reached out to Maria for help, I don’t know where I’d have ended up by now – possibly the hospital. It’s never too late to change your destiny. I’ve now lost a third of my previous weight and am A LOT HAPPIER.
• lost 3 inches off the waist
• lost 7% body fat
• lost 1 inch off each thigh
• lost 2 inches off the hips
Maria has been a pillar of support throughout my recent health endeavour. In August 2015 I was tipping the scale at one of my heaviest weights ever, had a weak back that always hurt, and had given up on healing my knee injury. Luckily, I was introduced to Maria through a mutual friend. I was scared to get started but she was so encouraging. I transferred her the money for our first month of training before I could make excuses and back out of it. That was it, I was starting training the next day.
I was terrified. As far as I was concerned I couldn’t do any cardio, lift anything with my back, do a squat because of my knee. I had no faith in my body’s ability. Maria was patient and listened to every concern I had and built gentle programs to ease me into exercise again. In no time at all she had helped me gain my confidence back in my ability to exercise.
When Maria first told me how we are going to keep my nutrition on track I thought she was a little crazy. She wanted me to text or message her everything I ate. This felt really strange at first but it has become the most important part of my training program. Maria’s daily positivity and encouragement keeps me pumped to share with her my accomplishments and even when I falter. This daily support and truly genuine care about my health has given me so much more than I had ever expected to get from hiring a personal trainer. I’m not afraid of exercise anymore, in fact Im addicted to it now. Thanks for helping my find my passion again Maria!
• dropped 3 inches off the waist
• lost 1.5 inches off the hips
• started doing other physical activities on her own, took up Zumba
• went on multiple hikes in the summer of 2015
Training with Maria has made a lifetime of difference